SEA KAYAK PICTURED ROCKS
This service available from ice-off or May 1 (whichever is second) and mid-October.
We spot you, you float back to your car!
Ride with those that know the trail! We’ll help you plan your trip! Contact us seven days a week!
We are a private company that receives no federal, state, or local tax support for our operations.
Why take the bus when you can ride with us!
Serving Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
and all of Alger, Delta, and Schoolcraft Counties
- The most frequently asked question: “Do you haul vessels”? Although we are a spotting service, we may be able to haul you, your gear, and vessels to the put in. Call and ask.
- We do not rent sea kayaks. No vendor in the area will. You must provide your own vessel and gear.
- Put-in is at Sand Point. Leave your car in Grand Marais. We’ll help you make arrangements where to leave your vehicle.
- If we don’t have reservations, we don’t run the shuttle. If there are no drop offs or pick ups at a trailhead, we won’t stop there. Many, many stories of folks that think we just drive around looking for customers. Make a reservation!!
- Pictured Rocks Trip Planner. I urge you to read it!! “But I didn’t know….” could make for a miserable, expensive trip.
We will not, in good conscious and for your well being, shuttle anyone that meets any of the following conditions:
- Using recreational kayaks. You must use “Sea Kayaks” or “Touring Kayaks” over 15′ feet in length, with two bulkheads.
- Lack a dry suit or wet suit, depending on conditions. You must have one or the other.
- Lack a spray skirt
- Lack a marine radio
- Lack a signal maker
- Lack map OR compass
- Lack backcountry permits.
- Cannot demonstrate to us you are experienced enough to accomplish the trip, especially an open/deep water self rescue. Having an ACA Coastal Kayaking certification is preferred.
No exceptions and no refunds. You will forfeit all fees and we will assess a $100 service fee for non-compliance. We can rent you these items with advance notice.
Pictured Rocks Sea Kayak rates
Spotting of car only (no hauling of vessels) $99
Shuttle of people only (no hauling of vessels) $99+ $25 each 15 minutes you are late
Pick up your vessel, deliver to put in, and spot your vehicle $125
Pick up you vessel, return to put in, and shuttle group after your float $125+ $25 each 15 minutes you are late
The Fine Print (and I didn’t even reduce the font size):
- **Emergency/Off-Schedule Pick Ups $1.25 mile, $98.50 minimum (covers two persons), $25 each additional person** This includes if you miss your original shuttle. You will forfeit your original fees and be billed $98.50 to accommodate you.
- Changes to your reservation incur a $7.50 charge & late registrations subject to minimum $25 late fee
- If this is a “shuttle back to your car”, subject to minimum $50 deposit, refunded in full if you make your trailhead at the time you told us you’d be there (does not apply to our 530PM “Dayhiker” rate)
- We do not stop at trailheads if we don’t have a reservation. Sounds simple enough, but, you’d be surprised….
- The Interagency Visitor Center and the Beaver Basin Outlook are not trailheads. We do not pick up or drop off there.
- Rates for any service outside of our posted times/dates/trailheads in Pictured Rocks start at $95 per three people. We can get this cost lower if you work with us. Tell us your situation and we’ll make some firstname.lastname@example.org